Highways Agency

There are a number of scenarios where your project and the options available to you may depend on interacting with roads and roadside drainage, whether it be for interrupting and managing traffic around some project work, or gaining permission to interact with roadwas and associated drainage systems.

Highways England state that any other company or individual who wants to install and maintain apparatus which will interact with roads and roadside drainage will need to apply for a licence under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and notice periods must be given depending on the scale of the works. Separate permissions must also be sought temporary traffic lights.

Our MPC Install team are experienced with these procedures liaising and obtaining the correct permissions from the relevant Highways agencies and will work with you to make these aspects of your project run as smoothly as possible.